Any recommendations we make will take into account as appropriate; your family circumstances, personal taxation position, employment situation, income and expenditure, timescale, attitude to risk, retirement plans and any other relevant factors.
Whatever area or areas we are advising on there are four stages to our process.
1. Initial Consultation
- Your adviser will introduce himself, explain how our service works and how we charge for our services.
- He will complete a client questionnaire to gather personal and financial information to help us provide suitable advice.
- This will include details of current financial plans or policies held, such as savings and investments, pensions, mortgages and life assurance, etc.
- He will discuss what your requirements are and establish your financial objectives and priorities.
- He will explain investment risk as appropriate and agree with you your attitude to risk in order to ensure that suitable investments are recommended.
- Assessing the information gathered at the initial consultation in order to formulate a plan for advice.
- Gathering further information as necessary direct from the providers about your existing financial plans and policies.
- Reviewing and assessing your existing plans and policies.
- Carrying out research and analysis to arrive at recommendations that will meet your financial objectives and priorities.
- Giving you a written report setting out our recommendations in the areas for which advice has been requested and any recommendations regarding your existing plans and policies.
- Meeting you again to explain and discuss our recommendations and answer any queries you may have.
- Agreeing with you the actions to be taken on the basis of our recommendations or any agreed amendments.
- Complete with you any paperwork needed to put in place the decisions you have made.
- Monitoring the processing of any applications to ensure your decisions are implemented accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Liaising as necessary with your other professional advisers, such as your accountant or solicitor.
- Dealing with any recommended and agreed changes to your existing plans or policies.
- Keeping you informed of progress along the way.
- Confirming when the agreed actions have been fully implemented and providing policy documents, after thorough checking, as appropriate.
4. On-going Services
The level of on-going services we provide will depend on the business transacted and the service proposition we agree with you. This may include the following:
- Periodic reviews of any plans or policies implemented for you to ensure they remain suitable to your on-going financial objectives and priorities.
- Valuation and review of any investments or pensions as appropriate.
- Access to your adviser for queries and discussion.
- Re-balancing of investments as necessary to ensure continued suitability.
- On-going advice due to changes in your personal circumstances, taxation position, financial market conditions and relevant legislation.
- Assistance with paperwork you receive in connection with your finances.
- Continuing liaison with your other professional advisers, such as your accountant or solicitor.
- Continuing administration of your financial plans and policies.